Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Kenneth's Kickin' Lyme Fundraiser!



Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I currently have a fundraiser going to help with the costs of my tick-borne disease treatment. 

My Lyme-literate doctor is 240 miles (round trip) from me & I have no car and cannot drive. As of January 2016 my monthly costs for my appointments including co-pay, travel meds/supplements will be around $300 on $800 a month living expenses!

I was infected between the ages of 6 to 8 and did not get diagnosed until I was 24. I was diagnosed with late-stage Lyme in 2010 and a year later with Bartonella, Babesia and Anaplasmosis at 25.

In total I have had 8 years of my life robbed from me.

I have been in treatment on and off for five years due to being limited in my choice of physicians because of insurance and not having a vehicle.

I am currently suffering from serious neurological complications from Lyme and Bartonella that are severely reducing my quality of life. I am also suffering from joint damage from Lyme, but cannot find a Lyme-literate rheumatologist.

I am seeing a very well known doctor for treatment but I'm on a very tight budget. Until January 2016 I have met my insurance deductible and the copay is less. As of the New Year the co-pay shoots up not including travel and meds/supplements.

This doctor requires monthly visits and $300 a month is over 1/4 of my monthly expenses. That includes basics and essentials, not luxuries! We don't by new stuff and have no substantial savings. It's literally a choice between getting better and everything else.

My goal is $5,000. That amount would help me pay for transportation costs, supplements and beneficial adjunct treatments not covered by insurance such as vitamin IV treatments, acupuncture, visiting a naturopath and neurofeedback sessions.

Go to Give Forward to make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment